Friday, May 7, 2010

Sitting on the Right Hand...

The scene: the family living room.
Time frame: the mid to late 1980s.

Dad is lying on the couch. I walk over to him and ask him to put his right hand in the air, palm facing up. He obliges. I then sit on it.

"What are you doing?" he says.

"Sitting on your right hand," I said. "Just like Jesus will do to his father."  I didn't understand why Jesus would do such an odd thing and thought it might make more sense if I tried it with my own Dad (who found it very funny.)

4 comments:

Tammy said...

love this!

The Preacher's Kid said...

:D

Do you remember me doing that?

Tammy said...

yes! it was in the farmhouse that we lived in from august 1989 - august 1990. the couch was blue. it was on the west wall of the living room. :D it must have made quite an impact on me. ha ha

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Wonder if the left hand would have the same effect?

:)

You sound like you were an entertaining child to have around.