Monday, May 10, 2010

The Playhouse

At some point in the latter half of the 1980s one of the men in our church built a little wooden playhouse.

Normally when someone makes something like that it is for a specific reason: to fulfil the order placed by a customer, as a donation to a nursery, school or children's home, a gift for a young relative.

This little house belonged to everyone and no one. To the best of my recollection it traveled from one house to the next so that every family with children young enough to enjoy that little house could have a chance to use it.

I no longer remember anything about the man who built this playhouse but for a few short weeks it stayed at our house. It was so exciting to see it for the first time. At first I thought it was going to be mine permanently until the grown-ups explained the arrangement. So I enjoyed it while it lasted (although I did wonder where it was going to go in the winter? It was too big to keep indoors and too small to have its own heating system.)

(Photo credit.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonder where it is now? Think it survived the years?

Tammy said...

The man was Tom R from our church. He also built the wagon that all of you kids used, and that Aiden uses now.

The Preacher's Kid said...

No idea, David. I hope it has survived. It was a very cool little house.

ty, Mom. I had long since forgotten his name. :)