Friday, May 28, 2010

Exciting News and Upcoming Guest Posts

Earlier this year I blogged about the earlier books in this series. This morning I found out that the final book in the series is coming out next spring, over 30 years after the first book came out. After all of these years this PK will finally know the ending to the series that I snuck around with and felt oh-so-rebellious reading. ;)

The Land of Painted Caves, Jean M. Auel’s Sixth and Final Book in the
Earth’s Children® Series, to Be Published Worldwide on March 29, 2011
— Jean V. Naggar Literary Agency, Inc., and Crown Publishers
Announce Major International Laydown

(May 27, 2010—New York, NY) Jean M. Auel, whose novels about prehistoric life have won acclaim for their inspired storytelling, meticulous attention to detail, and historic accuracy, has written the highly anticipated sixth and final book in the mega-bestselling Earth’s Children® series.

Titled The Land of Painted Caves, the book will be published in the United States on March 29, 2011, in both hardcover and eBook formats by Crown Publishers, an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group, a division of Random House, Inc. The book will be simultaneously published worldwide, including in the U.K., Germany, France, Holland, Spain, Italy, Serbia, Croatia, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, and Japan. A worldwide announcement was made today.



In other news, the next two posts on PK Stories will be guest posts. Mom and Dad both wrote about their first experiences as new parents with me when I was born a couple of decades ago. 

4 comments:

Tammy said...

2010 doesn't look odd to me anymore. but when I see "2011" it seems so far into the future. it can't possibly be next year!

How are we to remember to get this book next spring?? I need a reminder system ....

The Preacher's Kid said...

I've set a reminder on our iCal (the electronic calendar for my Mac.)

Which means that it is on Drew's calendar as well! He always finds it a little funny to see reminders to buy books on there. :D

Tammy said...

you are my reminder system. how convenient. :D

it was fun talking to you today.

The Preacher's Kid said...

Ditto. :)