At first I thought they all had a strangely shiny suntan. But it seemed rather odd that none of their leg-tans ever spread to the rest of their bodies. I must have asked about it at one point because I remember eventually realizing that these women were wearing some sort of grownup version of tights.
I did not understand why anyone would want their legs to be a different colour than their arms or face. Especially if one has to wear something as uncomfortable as tights to accomplish this goal. As an opinionated preschooler I was, of course, the only one who made any sense on this issue. ;)
Last winter I wore a dress to my aunt and uncle's wedding. It was the first dress I had worn in several years and buying pantyhose with it wasn't something that ever even crossed my mind. At the reception another relative teased me about not wearing pantyhose. I must have given him a fairly puzzled expression as he quickly said, "I suppose that young women don't wear them so often these days?"
Maybe other 20-somethings do...but this one doesn't. That cultural practice seems nearly as odd now as it did when I was four.
Last winter I wore a dress to my aunt and uncle's wedding. It was the first dress I had worn in several years and buying pantyhose with it wasn't something that ever even crossed my mind. At the reception another relative teased me about not wearing pantyhose. I must have given him a fairly puzzled expression as he quickly said, "I suppose that young women don't wear them so often these days?"
Maybe other 20-somethings do...but this one doesn't. That cultural practice seems nearly as odd now as it did when I was four.
6 comments:
:D I hate panty hose.
They are of the DEVIL!!!
Actually, Lydia, you were right in style at the wedding. I've seen several segments on TV in which fashion-istas say that they are passe'! Bare legs is the thing...tights can be worn in the cooler months but people are not wearing pantyhose like they used to. We did NOT go to church without nylons!!Can you imagine that they were invented in my lifetime!??
heh, I must have picked up on your hatred of them, Mom.
" Lydia, you were right in style at the wedding."
Heh, cool. I had no idea. :)
almost no one wears them them out here. professional women at work wear business suits and heels with bare legs.
I agree they are a pain, but I love the ones that suck all my bits in place :D LOL
You make a good point, Jeni!
Post a Comment