Friday, April 2, 2010

This is the Church

this is the steeple.

So far so good. I always enjoyed looking at the little steeple my fingers created while acting out the finger motions for this rhyme. The first church I remember attending had been built into the side of a hill.  Because it was partially underground the roof and steeple of the aboveground section nearly swept the ground in some places. Older kids (though never I) sometimes climbed up the roof when the grownups weren't watching.

Open the doors and see all the people.  (cue wiggling fingers.) As much as I enjoyed the conclusion of this rhyme it seemed as though we were missing quite a bit of vital information about this church body.

Why were there only eight people? Why were they all the same size, more or less? Where were the baby-sized fingers? The  elderly fingers?  And how does a finger person move around if she or he doesn't have any feet that I could see?

4 comments:

atimetorend said...

Not much racial diversity in that church family either! :^)

The Preacher's Kid said...

Heh, most definitely not.

Tammy said...

:D excellent observations.

The Preacher's Kid said...

ty. :)