My first thought? "I wonder how the money gets from the box all the way up to God*?" I remember seeing a small lock on the box and wondering if one of the Ushers had remembered to give Him a key to it. Eventually, I decided that one of the duties of being a church Usher must be to stand in the church parking lot after everyone has left and throw all of the money that people had left in God's box high enough into the air that it reached heaven. Naturally, it took more than one attempt and required people who were physically strong enough to throw tithes such long distances.
Although I still had _no_ idea what God wanted with our money in the first place. ;)
*who lived in Heaven, a place I concluded was slightly above the highest cloud.
5 comments:
is that your earliest memory of church?
It's one of my earliest memories, yeah. :)
yo-its your biggest brother. I look forward to reading your views on our childhood now that we are technically adults. I think it'll be interesting to see how our views were different.
later
I'm looking forward to your comments. How cool!
Post a Comment