It didn't happen every week, possibly because our church went back to many of the same songs so often that Dad really didn't need to practice them. Every once in a while, though, as I was drifting off to sleep on Saturday night I'd suddenly hear Dad strumming his guitar in the living room. A few seconds later, he'd begin to sing one of the songs that he was planning to play the next morning at Church. Sometimes he'd only sing one or two songs, and other days he'd go through what seemed to be the entire worship song lineup for the next morning.
I don't recall ever leaving my bedroom so that I could watch him practice. I was supposed to be asleep, after all. ;) But there was something rather soothing about going to sleep to the strumming of a guitar and the sound of Dad's voice.
1 comment:
:)
Post a Comment