Saturday, July 3, 2010

Strange Compliment

When I was about twelve one of the women who attended our church stopped me after a service one Sunday and said, "you remind me of a heroine in a Christian romance novel."

I wish I could remember her reasons for seeing that in me. At this point I wasn't talking about any of my doubts;  many were still half-formed hunches in the deepest nooks of my mind. Perhaps she mistook my introversion and avoidance of small talk for something deeper?

Or maybe I projected an aura of innate goodness without ever realizing it? ;)

(Photo credit.)

4 comments:

Tammy said...

was that Karen who said that? the lady who took you along on a vacation one summer?

The Preacher's Kid said...

I don't remember who it was anymore.

Tammy said...

you were one focus of people's unfulfilled dreams and hopes -- another pressure on the PK, huh? ;)

The Preacher's Kid said...

Yes.