This year Mom and Dad decided to write short essays about their first experiences as parents when I was born. This is Dad's essay.
May ---- was a wonderful day. I do not and never will have the plethora of words that your mother has but I will share a few lines of memory. I knew your mom was in denial about being close to giving birth. Some things ya just know and that was one of them. I would have never even thought of a home birth. That was all your mom and her confidence.
I was 100% supportive of the experience and was also a religious "man of faith" at that time in a very extreme way as you know. It all went as planned and I remember the first black curl of your sweet little precious head and then I recall vividly the high pitched scream of screams that split the evening airwaves that echoed down the little side streets all around that very conservative neighborhood. And there you were screaming your way into our world. Bright healthy pink from all the air you inhaled with that first breath and the let er rip lung cry that announced to all who were near and far that this girl will never be held in or down by anyone or any thing.
And the funny thing was how after your first few months and years you became a very quiet person. Deep in thought and imaginary games that you would play quietly for hours growing up. But that day you were given to us was like none other. You were our little dark curly haired Eskimo baby (due to your dark hair, round face, and reddish complexion, Grandpa Wyse called you an Eskimo baby) born to two very German parents who were and still are and always will very very proud of who you are as our daughter.
We Love you very very very much Lydia Mae. Happy Birthday to my favorite daughter! :) Love Dad
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
"That was all your mom and her confidence"
so expound here, Aaron ... what are you saying???
its just funny....you definitely have confidence
I think mom wrote about a paragraph for each word dad wrote:)
Just an observation. But I should be used to that by now
Jesse
boys, boys .... stop bothering your mother. ;)
How funny that she had dark hair when she was born...and then a screamer...and turned out with a quiet nature. I always think that names have a lot to do with a person's personality...Lydia Mae is a 'gentle' name and after the initial 'screaming' session she became quiet and reflective..interesting.
Post a Comment