At one point during our vacation last month, Dad and I were in the dining room alone together. He leaned over and told me how much he likes Drew. I don't know what exactly prompted that compliment. It wasn't as if this was their first time meeting one another, although it was really nice to hear his hearty green light of our relationship.
A few days later, one of my great-aunts took Drew and me aside and told us how proud she is of us for carving out the life we want to have instead of feeling that we must do the same thing everyone else is doing. I'm unsure if she was referring to our decision to never have children, our voluntarily simple lifestyle or something else entirely. But this was coming from someone with strong opinions who isn't shy about sharing them.
So, now we have two stamps of approval (or maybe I should say two green lights) from my family. I wonder what sort of door prize I will be able to collect once I've gathered a few more? ;)
(Picture credit. )
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
warm fuzzies....that was a nice note Lydia!
kinda like USDA stamp ... :)
yes! USDA! it means we will always let you visit us here in the USA. :D
Wow....Just.Wow. I'm so glad I found your site. PK myself --TN SB-flavored. I've been looking for another honest PK! Keep up the great work.
Welcome, Star. I'm so glad you like my blog.
Post a Comment