Monday, October 5, 2009

By the Way, We're Borrowing Your Toddler....

A funny story from Mom and Dad's visit this past weekend:

It was Saturday afternoon. Mom and Dad had just buzzed our apartment so we could let them inside of the building. Drew and I were waiting for them to make their way to our floor.

The elevator doors at the end of the hall opened, and through our (closed) front door I heard the voices of my parents in the hall. I also heard the sound of a toddler laughing.

I turned to Drew and said, "do you think they brought Aiden with them?" I wondered what they said to Jeni and Jesse to convince them to stay home while their son went Canadian for the weekend.

Did Mom say, "oh, by the way, we're borrowing your toddler...but you two aren't invited"? Or maybe Dad simply didn't notice a little stowaway quietly eating crackers in the backseat until after they'd crossed the border?

And then Drew opened the door and Aiden was nowhere to be seen. Which is probably for the best, as none of our plans for the weekend would have been of much interest to a 2-year-old. Especially one that didn't remember to bring his parents along with him. :D

4 comments:

Tammy said...

:D
it would be just like me to hide the kid until i could talk jim into taking him along!

Anonymous said...

so are we to assume it was NOT Aiden? :)

The Preacher's Kid said...

Yeah. I'm pretty sure it was our neighbor's kid. :)

Tammy said...

i didn't realize she left you hanging at the end of the story! she's so sneaky that way.