Assuming that there is such a thing as sin (in the vaguely Christian sense of the term), I think it should be applied to situations in which the actions of an individual or group are hurting someone or their property.
The definition of harm in this case is anything done voluntarily that has negative physical, emotional, spiritual/psychological, or financial consequences. And maybe even a few more types of consequences of which I have yet to think.
Which brings up the question of involuntary harm. It can be, but is not always, a sin under this definition.
Now I just have to figure out what I mean by sin. :)
2 comments:
what if take a grandma's grocery money at the poker table? i don't feel bad about it.....
I don't know....even if she went into it knowing that you could take all of her money, I'd still feel weird about that. :)
Post a Comment