"I don't know," I said.
"Doesn't knowing about all of the eyewitness accounts we have of the life and death of Jesus change your mind?," he said.
"I don't know," I said.
"What could convince you otherwise?," he said.
"I don't think it's possible to know these things for certain either way," I said.
"Why do you think you were placed upon this earth?" he said, later on.
"I don't know," I said. I was tempted to say, "because my parents had sex at just the right time." I didn't. Mostly because he seemed like a nice guy, persistent questions about religion aside, but also because I don't think we're motivated by the same things.
He seems to like answers, and now that he has found the answer for his life he is determined to help others find it, too. I don't mind not knowing, once and for all, whether the Judeo Christian God is real (or whether, if real, he or she has a vested interest in our lives.)
2 comments:
i love Drew's open and friendly antagonism. :D
:)
Post a Comment