Monday, July 6, 2009

How to Live a Good Life

This site shows one how to live a good Christian life.

I tried that stuff once upon a time. Some of it worked, much of it didn't. But I do know how to live my definition of living the good life:

  1. Set healthy boundaries at work and with friends and family (and accept their boundaries, too).
  2. Forgive those who have done things to hurt you.
  3. When the children in your life ask you to play, join them.
  4. Don't be afraid to say no if you don't want to do something.
  5. Don't be afraid to say yes to what you do want.
  6. Guard your mental and physical health.
  7. There's nothing wrong with splurging on a new book (or album, or tool, or your favourite food) every now and again. Especially if you share it with someone else.
  8. A little alcohol is good for the soul.
  9. You cannot solve every problem (or even most of them), but do offer whatever help you can provide.

2 comments:

Jim Schoch said...

I got instantly angry at all the rules and regulations at that site ... I must still suffer PTSD

The Preacher's Kid said...

Sorry about that. :)