Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dad's Interview

What made you decide to become a pastor?

My brother-in-law was a pastor and the opportunity presented itself.

What was your favourite part of being in the ministry?


Favorite part was visitation as well as the many social events.


How do you respond to street preachers/evangelists these days?


Street preachers are obnoxious and I avoid them like any other pushy person.

10 comments:

Tammy said...

I can't believe you only said a sentence for each question!!!!!

I think you should have to do this over! :D

Lydia - are you laughing at this? we waited and waited for these interviews .... and now this!

Jim Schoch said...

;) i answered all the questions ... ask more and i shall answer :)

The Preacher's Kid said...

Yes, I thought it was hilarious. :D

Aaron said...

When i answered my questions i thought i was writing too much... my answers were one or 2 sentences at first.

Tammy said...

But I'm glad you expanded on your thoughts, Aaron. i know -- being an accountant, many words are not necessary ... ;)

teresaS said...

What??? That's IT???? What the heck! Such a let down...I was so excited to see a new post and twice as excited to see that it was Jim's turn! Then, just three simple little sentences??? Almost a waste of my time! LOL
Hey, seriously, I do think Tammy is right...DO OVER!!!!!!!!!!

The Preacher's Kid said...

What would be your three questions for him? :)

The Preacher's Kid said...

Or I could make this blog private. I've been considering that option for a while.

teresaS said...

I think the questions were good. Maybe just get him to expound on them. Like, does he have any particular stories about visiting he did? Or embarrassing ministry moments? Or did HE ever do any street preaching?...

Jim Schoch said...

Visitation was social ... I like people and parties and babies and special events and just talking to anyone shut in or in a hospital where small talk is comforting

Embarrassing moments? ... hummm ... nope

Street picketing against a store that sold adult magazines ... and also handed out 4 spiritual laws tracs ... but no street preaching ...