The family we were spending some time with had a mom, dad and a little boy who was roughly the same age as Jesse or me. Or, at least I remember him being able to walk around with the rest of us.
Right before the visit I remember Mom talking about how this couple had lost the baby and that we shouldn't mention anything about it. I was flabbergasted to hear that babies (or anyone, really) could be lost. It seemed like such a terrible truth to learn, that one could disappear and there was nothing the grown-ups could do to stop it.
I remember looking at a staircase that family had in their house and attempting to puzzle out how something like this could happen.
(Mom may have re-explained it to me, because I do remember eventually coming to understand that their child didn't literally disappear, that there had been a death in the family.)
No comments:
Post a Comment