I made apple crisp today. As it was baking, the scent of cinnamon, nutmeg and baked apples filled our apartment and brought me back to the days when Mom made it. Sometimes, it was because we were having an extended family member or someone from church over for dinner and she thought we ought to have some sort of dessert to offer them (we didn't normally eat desserts after dinner at all). Most of the time, though, she seemed to make it for other reasons. Maybe there were some apples in the fridge that needed to be used up, or maybe she had a free afternoon and felt like baking.
I never told her this, but I was always a little relieved when she made apple crisp or other sweet things without inviting anyone over. Sharing is good, but so is having a second helping of dessert if one is so inclined. ;)
But I will share the apple crisp I made today if Drew decides to have any!
2 comments:
that still is a fav of tammy to make ... that and her meatballs are her forte ... :)
and chili!
and roast beef with potatoes and onions and carrots!
i actually like to cook when i have the time. but when i'm busy i never miss it.
so i guess it's a dispensible hobby of sorts, when i'm almost bored. :D
Post a Comment