I know it's been a long time since I updated this blog. The holiday season is incredibly busy this time of year for my industry, so it will probably continue to be quiet around here until after the New Year.
When I was very young - old enough to walk and talk, but still small enough that our grown-ups could pick me up with one arm - I was a wise (wo)man for at least one December.
After Christmas dinner, but before we touched the presents, Grandpa would read the story of Jesus' birth while the rest of us acted it out. In this memory fragment, I was a wise (wo)man and my Uncle was my horse (burro? camel?). He wasn't a very comfortable horse,as his back was broad and my legs were little-girl short. But we pretended for a little while, making an old story come alive.
I assume that other family members were Mary and Joseph, angels and wise people. I don't remember what I was thinking, or what we had for dinner that day, or even which presents I received after the story-telling had ended. There is only the feeling of sitting on my Uncle's back, trying not to fall off before we reached the manger.
If I can recall something as trivial as this, I wonder if this will be the first Christmas that my nephew is able to remember 20 years? I may have been even as young as him - not yet 3 - when I was a wise (wo)man.
(Photo credit.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Lovely story!:):)
ty :)
I bet Aiden will remember something about this Christmas. With everyone there and his first time on a plane and Jackie and Brandon's wedding.....I think he will be talking about the details for quite some time! Can't wait
Jesse
And you are still a wise woman!!
Thanks, Teresa.
Jesse, I think I might have to call you later on this winter to see if we can get Aiden to tell me what he remembers about the trip. It would be too cute. :)
mother teresa - did you delete your blogs?
Post a Comment